These Vegan CBD infused Snickers bars are perfect for reducing anxiety, insomnia, inflammation and more. This Vegan CBD Oil Snickers bar is so easy to make and tastes just divine! Made with peanut butter and coconut flour, they’re gluten free, grain free, and dairy free, too.
What makes these CBD infused Vegan Snickers Bars super healthy?
Raw cacao: is made by cold-pressing un-roasted cacao beans. The process keeps the living enzymes in the cacao and removes the fat (cacao butter).
Cocoa looks the same but it’s not. Cocoa powder is raw cacao that’s been roasted at high temperatures. Sadly, roasting changes the molecular structure of the cacao bean, reducing the enzyme content and lowering the overall nutritional value.
If you find difficult find the raw cacao just use the cocoa powder, the taste will be the same but less healthy proprieties.
Coconut Cream & Flour: these two are the keys to the perfectly nougat layer while also keeping it soft and sturdy for a homemade snickers bar! The coconut flour helps to absorb some liquid from the coconut cream and keeps the nougat layer light and airy without any oven needed!
Peanut Butter & Peanuts: I use peanut butter for the nougat layer, and obviously some peanuts to top on the caramel date sauce! This gives it that classic snickers bar feel, while also being healthy and vegan!
Dates: The necessary ingredient you need for the vegan date caramel sauce. It’s insanely easy, and just incredible.
CBD Oil: is an edible way of using CBD and reap the health benefits, such as, anti- inflammatory, potentially anxiety-reducing properties, without the traditional mind-altering high associated with marijuana. If you aren’t familiar with CBD Oil, it is one of the compounds found in the cannabis sativa plant. You can read more here
This recipe makes 6 portions
150gr Coconut milk
40gr Desiccated coconut
110gr Peanut Butter
10gr Maple Syrup
24 drops of 10% Planet Botanic CBD oil
Date Caramel Sauce Layer:
200gr Pitted Dates covered with enough Hot water to just cover dates
Pinch of salt
50gr Roasted Peanuts
100gr Cocoa Powder
40gr Maple Syrup
150gr Coconut oil
- Nougat Layer: Blitz with a food processor the desiccated coconut, peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut milk, and blitz together until a paste. Add the CBD oil, mix and leave on the side.
- Date caramel: Soak the dates in hot water until soft then remove all the water then with an hand blender, blend the dates ,add the salt until smooth, then add the CBD oil and mix.
- Place 5 gr of dates caramel in popsicle moulds then place in the freezer until set.
- Once the caramel is set, add a layer of nougat, then insert the wood stick, and
- When the popsicles are frozen remove from the mould then add some peanuts on
the caramel then place back in the freezer.
- Chocolate coating: melt the coconut oil with the maple syrup add to the cocoa
powder then whisk well and place in deep glass.
- Dip the frozen popsicles in the chocolate then let set the chocolate and leave defrost
in the fridge, at least 2 hours.
- Enjoy the Vegan Snickers Popsicle.
To recreate the Chocolate Snickers bar version:
- Grease a 9′′ inch square baking dish with coconut oil.
- Add first the Nougat layer, then add a layer of caramel and peanuts, and let set in
the freezer at 1 hour.
- Slice nougat layer into 12 bars and place the bars onto a baking sheet lined with
- Place back into the freezer.
- Once the chocolate is ready, take out the chocolate bar and dip in chocolate, then
let set the chocolate and leave defrost in the fridge, at least 2 hours.
- Enjoy your Vegan CBD Infused Snickers Bar.
- Make sure the Popsicle is fully frozen before dipping in the chocolate as it will help to quickly set the chocolate shell.
- You can substitute peanuts for any nuts just ensure you add a pinch of salt with them.
- Click Here for where to buy the Popsicle moulds used in this recipe
About the chef: Written by Illaria Maruzzlo exclusively for Planet Botanic
Illaria is a professional freelance Pastry Chef currently working in Recipe Development & Consultancy. She founded her own Pastry Chef Consultancy business in order to help other businesses showcase exciting and delicious desserts! You can find more about Illaria on her website www.ilariamarzullo.com